Friday, August 03, 2007

The end of an era

Today is my last day of work. After 5 years, I am leaving my job at MMC. I've been training my replacements for the past month or so and I have to say that the process has been good.

One of my bosses said this morning, "Well, we'll be having pizza today in celebration...er, honor of your leaving." It is a fine line between the two, I guess. But that also shows the type of people that I have been working with. Great folks with a sense of humor.

I have truly been blessed to be a part of this crowd and I have had a number of great times here. I administered (successfully, for the most part) a database with more than 10,000 records in it. Designed two intranet sites from scratch, which look awesome, if I do say so myself. Lots of unique graphics and functionality. Hardly cookie-cutter. I've trained, groomed, and been a part of a great (if dramatically underfunded and understaffed) division.

But, today is the "first day of the rest of my life," as they say. And ya gotta love what is on the horizon.

No comments: